Leadville BBQ & Brew Festival is a KCBS and RMBBQA sanctioned state event
Per KCBS rules, there are 4 meat categories required to be eligible for the Grand Champion, Reserve Grand Champion and the Top of the Mountain awards. In addition, for the top of the mountain award, you must also have competed in the Frisco Colorado Barbecue Challenge the previous weekend.
There will also be 2 extra categories; side dish and dessert. Entry in the 4 meat competition is not required to enter these two categories. Entry in either category is $15 with a limit of 3 entries in each category.
All KCBS requirements will be strictly adhered to for competition.
Registration links will be activated on JANUARY 8th, 2018!!
The fee for entering the competition is $250, This ensures entry into all 4 meat categories and a 15’X30′ foot spot on Harrison Avenue. Longer spaces will also be available. A 15′ X 40′ spot is an extra $30. There will also be 20 amp electrical service available. Bring your own extension cords up to 150 feet.
- While we encourage our contestants to sell their product, there will also be a limited number of competitor-only sites.
- All teams must meet Lake County Public Health Department requirements for hand washing and food safety.
- All teams will be inspected by the fire marshal or one of his said designees, and by the health department.
- Fire extinguishers and tent weights are required.
- There will be receptacles for trash, ash, grease and gray water disposal conveniently located for your use. A $50 deposit CHECK will be required at registration and will be returned at the end of the competition after your site is inspected.
- Fresh water will be available at the courthouse
- Load in and arrival:
Registration and sign-in starts Thursday, 5 p.m. at the judges’ tent on the county courthouse front yard until 9 p.m., resuming Friday from 7 – 10 a.m.
Load-in is Thursday from 5-10 p.m. and Friday 6-10 a.m.
Meat inspection will be Friday from 9 a.m.-noon with the representative certifying all contest meats begin raw.
We are excited to expose kids to the BBQ world. We will provide the grills and start them at 4 p.m. Friday with a turn-in time of 6 p.m. A parent must be present with the child during the entire preparation and cooking process, but please, let the child do the preparation and cooking. ($15 per entry)