Leadville BBQ & Brew Festival is a KCBS and RMBBQA sanctioned state event
Per KCBS rules, there are 4 meat categories required to be eligible for the Grand Champion, Reserve Grand Champion and the Top of the Mountain awards. In addition, for the top of the mountain award, you must also have competed in the Frisco Colorado Barbecue Challenge the previous weekend.
There will also be 2 extra categories; side dish and dessert. Entry in the 4 meat competition is not required to enter these two categories. Entry in either category is $15 with a limit of 3 entries in each category.
All KCBS requirements will be strictly adhered to for competition.
Registration:Competitor ONLY Competing & Vending Vending ONLY
The fee for entering the competition is $250, This ensures entry into all 4 meat categories and an 18 ‘X 30′ foot spot on Harrison Avenue. Longer spaces will also be available. An 18′ X 40’ spot is an extra $30.
- We encourage our contestants to sell their product. There will be a limited number of competitor-only sites.
- All teams must meet Lake County Public Health Department requirements for hand washing and food safety.
- All teams will be inspected by the fire marshal or one of his said designees, and by the health department.
- Fire extinguishers and tent weights are required.
- There will be receptacles for trash, ash, grease and gray water disposal conveniently located for your use. A $50 deposit CHECK will be required at registration and will be returned at the end of the competition after your site is inspected.
- Fresh water will be available at the courthouse
- Load in and arrival: Registration and sign-in starts Thursday, 5 p.m. at the judges’ tent on the county courthouse front yard until 9 p.m., resuming Friday from 7 – 10 a.m.
Load-in is Thursday from 5-10 p.m. and Friday 6-9 a.m.
To assist organizers, please contact us at least one week prior to the event to indicate your arrival time and preferred location so arrangements can be made. Please note, your preferred location is a request. We will do whatever possible to accommodate this request but it is NOT guaranteed.
- Electric: One 110volt, 12 amp max draw will be available. Teams must provide their own heavy duty extension cords (at least 200 feet). Additional power MAY be available at an additional charge and priority will be given to selling teams. Please contact organizers directly if you require additional electric service.
- This will be a zero waste event!
Meat inspection will be Friday from 9 a.m.-noon with the representative certifying all contest meats begin raw.
Click Here for important information, permits and pertinent documents.
We are excited to expose kids to the BBQ world. We will provide the grills and start them at 4 p.m. Friday with a turn-in time of 6 p.m. A parent must be present with the child during the entire preparation and cooking process, but please, let the child do the preparation and cooking. ($25 per entry)
Sign up here: Kid's Q
Please contact event organizers directly:
Jill Hall: 303.579.1859 / email@example.com
Tracy Purdy: 575.491.2208 / firstname.lastname@example.org