Vendor information and registration
In order to eliminate duplicate vendors for non-meat items, we will be accepting entries on a first come first serve basis.
Registration link: Vending ONLY
Vendor Spot Fee:
10×15 – $100
20×15 – $200
30×15 – $300
40×15 – $400
- All vendors must meet Lake County Public Health Department requirements for hand washing and food safety.
- All vendors will be inspected by the fire marshal or one of his said designees, and by the health department.
- Fire extinguishers and tent weights are required.
- There will be receptacles for trash, ash, grease and gray water disposal conveniently located for your use. A $50 deposit CHECK will be required at registration and will be returned at the end of the competition after your site is inspected.
- Fresh water will be available at the courthouse
- Load in and arrival: Registration and sign-in starts Thursday, 5 p.m. at the judges’ tent on the county courthouse front yard until 9 p.m., resuming Friday from 7 – 10 a.m.
Load-in is Thursday from 5-10 p.m. and Friday 6-9 a.m
To assist organizers, please contact us at least one week prior to the event to indicate your arrival time and preferred location so arrangements can be made. Please note, your preferred location is a request. We will do whatever possible to accommodate this request but it is NOT guaranteed.
- Electric: One 110volt, 12 amp max draw will be available. Teams must provide their own heavy duty extension cords (at least 200 feet). Additional power MAY be available at an additional charge and priority will be given to selling teams. Please contact organizers directly if you require additional electric service.
- This will be a zero waste event!
Sales: BBQ tickets – 78.1% BBQ sellers – 15% contest.
The Barbecue Challenge is a non-cash event. Instead, we use Leadbills as currency. Ticket sales have been a great fundraiser for our event’s non-profit benefactors and a way for our cooking teams to recoup some of their costs. From each $1.00 ticket sold, the barbecue team receives $0.781; the contest receives $0.15, and taxing districts receive $0.069.
Selling Hours: Friday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm & Saturday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
ALL products sold to the public must be with TICKETS ONLY. NO CASH!! All vendors, including contestants, who sell any food including plates of BBQ and side dishes, must take tickets instead of cash. Your tickets will be re-counted, and a check for 78.1% of the proceeds will be mailed to you within 14 business days to the address provided at registration. The remainder of the proceeds will be rebated to the contest. (Leadville Chamber of Commerce will retain your state sales tax and remit it on your behalf; please provide us with a Colorado sales tax ID, if you have one).
The contest will have at least two ticket booths. A container will be provided to you to collect tickets redeemed at your booth. Pick up your container at Registration. Please count and turn in your ticket container and reimbursement form by 5:00 pm Saturday (turn-in location TBA). Teams are encouraged to sell T-shirts, sauces, and other Team schwag, but are required to take tickets and will be reimbursed on the above split.